Customer would like to know if it is possible to reduce the number of Jruby loads used in a single css construction?
They reported it takes a long time for Jruby to load the initial page hits.
Here is the requirement:
Again, when traced with Dynatrace it was shown that the load(ruby) was the source of significant delay. For what ever reason Liferay is loading the stack each time it needs to execute. It only needs to be loaded in the JVM once. This is extremely resource intensive. Some definite improvements can be made on how jruby is called. Definitely a Liferay issue. Most of the jruby through lots of exceptions when trying to produce a css artefact. ( I say most because I did not inspect every single ruby call, so there could be other calls that take long to ruby other than css. Obviously not practical to inspect all when we know that the ones we did see are so clearly misbehaving. )