Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.1.30 EE GA3, 6.2.0 CE M3, 6.2.0 CE M6
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.27 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.1.x EE GIT ID: 2a9e6c47c5a7bc6fc7f19ecedac92554c268fa45.
Tomcat 7.0.27 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.2.x GIT ID: 49b3c7d56ab710eedbc5677e1067247fcd33eacd.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add a user with email address "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Click "Search All Users" and navigate to the Advanced Search for users
- Enter "email@example.com" into the email field.
- Click "Search"
- The default admin user (email is firstname.lastname@example.org) and the created user (email is email@example.com) will show up.
- Entering "user1" into the search field will cause only the created user to show up.
- Entering "liferay.com" into the search field will cause both users to show up.
I've also reindexed and this does not change the results.
Searching by first name, middle name, etc does not produce the same effect if there are multiple users with similar names (e.g. user1, user2, user3)