Steps to reproduce
0. Currently, the default setting is index.date.format.pattern=yyyyMMddHHmmss in portal.properties
1. Start portal with default settings
2. Create some indexable entry e.g. Wiki, Web Content etc. >>> The "modified" column of every indexed Document will have the modified date value based on the pattern above
3. Add Search portlet to a page, search for something, and then, drill down by any range e.g. "Last 24 hours" >>> You have to get results.
4. Stop portal and change this property to something else e.g.g HHmmssMMddyyyy
5. After portal restarted, execute a Reindex for search indexes. >>> Values in the*modified* columns have been changed according to the pattern.
6. Repeat step 3
Problem >>> No results displayed