Resolution: No Longer Reproducible
Affects Version/s: 6.1.20 EE GA2, 6.2.0 CE M4
Environment:LIFERAY VERSION: 6.1 GA 1
OPERATING SYSTEM: Red Hat
APPLICATION SERVER: Tomcat 7.0.x
JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE: Java 6
DATABASE: Oracle 11g
Adding portlets to a site templates for a page that has customizable layout enabled will push portlets into the non-customizable section. This is despite the warning on top:
"This page has been changed since the last update from the site template. No further updates from the site template will be applied. Click Reset to overwrite the changes and receive updates from the site template."
Although the banner up top indicates that no updates from the site template will be applied, changes, removals and additions will take effect in the non-customizable areas.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
(1) create a Site Template (or use existing one)
(2) create site based on this template
(3) enable customizations in site, only in right column – after page refresh, you'll see Dockabr message saying that template link is no longer active, since the page was changed
(4) switch to customized version of the page
(5) make some changes in the page, in the right column (e.g. reorder portlets)
(6) change Site Template page in both columns (left and right one) – I've used addition of Quick Note portlet to both columns and set some message each portlet (message is stored in portlet prefs); you can also change the color, it's also stored in prefs;
(7) go to the site.
(1) The official page version shows no changes, in accordance to the message in Dockbar, since the link to template was broken when setting the site page as customizable. But when you switch to your customized page, in the left column (non-customizable) the Quick note portlet appears now, but without your message. Right column (customizable) shows no change.
(2) When you reset your Customized page, it's reset based on the Site Template, not the default site version. Both columns now contain Quick Note portlets, including the messages. Default page shows (correctly) no changes.