Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.1.1 CE GA2, 6.1.20 EE GA2
Environment:tomcat from GitHub sources liferay-portal / master fetched 01/21/2013.
Steps to reproduce:
(1) build tomcat bundle from sources ("ant -f build-dist.xml unzip-tomcat" and "ant all")
(2) delete <bundle>/data folder (not doing so always results in HSQL error for me and Tomcat not starting at all)
(3) start Tomcat in command line ("./catalina.sh run" in <tomcat>/bin)
(4) when Setup Wizard launches in browser, leave everything as is, hit Save
(5) hit Go To My Portal
(6) accept user agreement
(7) fill passwords (I've used "test" / "test")
(8) fill reminder query answer, I've used "aaa"
On next page (/web/guest/home) you get the "Your request failed to complete." error in Sign In portlet, but nothing is wrong on the page (says "You are signed in as Test Test." under the error). After clean page refresh (clicking on Liferay logo to go to /web/guest/home), error is gone. No exception is shown in log.