Type: Regression Bug
Resolution: No Longer Reproducible
Affects Version/s: 6.2.0 CE M4
Fix Version/s: 6.2.0 CE M4
Environment:Tomcat 7 + MySQL 5. 6.2.x GIT ID: 51f35bed6852b7582e269bd2d96b2c95060e322b.
- Add these properties to your 'portal-ext.properties'.
- Start up the tomcat server.
- Navigate to "Control Panel -> Server Administration -> Mail".
- Configure the POP and SMTP settings. (Make sure you use a valid email address)
- Navigate to "Control Panel -> Portal Instances".
- Click on the current Portal Instance to edit the settings.
- Change the "Mail Domain" to gmail.com. (Whichever mail server you used in Step 4)
- Add a User w/ a valid email address. (Make sure it is different from the one used in Step 4)
- Assign that member to the Liferay Open Site.
- Add the Message Boards Portlet to the Liferay Open Site.
- Navigate to "Message Boards Portlet -> Configuration -> Setup -> Email From"
- Fill in the "Address" field w/ the email address used in Step 4.
- Add a Category.
- Sign in as the newly created User.
- Subscribe to the Category.
- Sign out of the User, and sign in as the Admin.
- Add a Message to the Category w/ the Admin.
- Look at the email set to the User to see the Message Board Thread.
- Reply to the email through your email client.
The email should be added to the thread in the Portal, but it never shows up.