Resolution: No Longer Reproducible
Affects Version/s: 6.2.0 CE M4
Fix Version/s: 6.2.0 CE M4
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.34 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.2.x GIT ID: 7dc14acce0c211a66622f4bee8d78f40fa94f895.
Email Confirmation for any created users trying to request membership to a private site won't send and there will be console errors when a user with a 'firstname.lastname@example.org' email is saved.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Configure mail settings in the Control Panel > Server Administration > Mail
- Change the Portal Instances > Mail Domain to 'gmail.com' to match the mail settings from above
- Create a restricted site (Test Restricted Site)
- Create a site role (Member Manager)
- Define permissions for 'Site Administration -> Site -> Assign Members'
- Add User1 with a receivable email address and assign it to Test Restricted Site
- Change Test/Joe Bloggs' email to a receivable email address
- Add User2
- Add My Sites portlet to homepage
- Sign in to Portal as User2
- Request Membership to Test Restricted Site (Available Sites > Test Restricted Site)
- Sign in to Test/Joe Bloggs' email service (i.e. Gmail)
- Assert a membership request email was received
At this point, the user is expecting to see a Site Membership Request email, but nothing is sent. Additionally, when a user with a receivable email address is being made - steps 6 & 7 - (right after clicking Save), the following error displays in console: