Steps to Reproduce
Steps to reproduce / testing done:
Set up was done referencing this wiki: http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/ch-4
1. Download ejabberd http://www.process-one.net/en/ejabberd/downloads , use the default settings
1a. Make sure to start your ejabberd server. The installer should create a Start and Stop icon on your Desktop.
2. Download the Chat Portlet (attached)
3. Create a portlet-ext.properties (yes that's right, portlet) as such
4. Place this properties file inside the Chat portlet in WEB-INF/classes
5. Deploy your chat portlet and startup Liferay
6. Within Liferay, create another user and sign in with him in another browser
7. Chat with each other.
Here is the issue:
1. Every time you click on Liferay's chat tabs, the Spark user sees a message that the Liferay user is online (see attached screen shot).