With newer versions of iReport Designer (version 4.6.0-present), reports are not able to be generated due to the following error: ERROR [Digester:1635] Parse Error at line 2 column 463: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'uuid' is not allowed to appear in element 'jasperReport'. It seems the reports are having uuid's inserted into elements, which make them incompatible with Liferay's "Reports Admin." There should be a way to make the new "uuid" based reports compatible with the Jasper Report plugin.
This is an issue that was discussed here:
Here's a list of steps to reproduce:
1. Create a report using the iReport Designer (e.g. 5.0.1 version)
2. Start Liferay Instance
3. Deploy Jasper Reports and Reports plugin (or deploy Reports EE app)
4. Go to Reports Admin -> Definitions -> Add Report Definition
5. Give definition name and add the report you designed using the iReport Designer. Click "Save".
6. Select Actions -> Add Report and then press "Generate".
7. Select the report you just generated and you'll see an error message in the console and in the portal (both attached).