Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 6.1.20 EE GA2, 6.1.30 EE GA3, 6.2.0 CE M5
Environment:LIFERAY VERSION: 6.1 GA2
OPERATING SYSTEM: Red Hat Enterprise 6
APPLICATION SERVER: Tomcat 7.0
JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE: Java 6
DATABASE: PostgreSQL 9.0
When pushing a site from Global Scope in the Control Panel, the targeted site loses it's pages when the publish is complete.
1. Unzip liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.20-ee-ga2-20120731110418084.zip to C:\Liferay\Staging (renamed root Liferay folder to Staging).
2. Unzip liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.20-ee-ga2-20120731110418084.zip to C:\Liferay\Remote (renamed root Liferay folder to Remote). Updated the server.xml to listen on port 8081.
3. Add a portal-ext.properties file with the following line to C:\Liferay\Remote\tomcat-7.0.27\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\:
4. Start both instances of Tomcat through the command line.
5. Updated the Site Settings on the Staging instance to point to Remote as the Remote Live environment:
Remote Host/IP: 127.0.0.1
Remote Port: 8081
Remote Site ID: 19
6. Created a "Test" page under the Liferay site on staging instance.
7. Publish from the Control Panel on the Staging server with the Global Scope selected to the Liferay site on the Remote Live environment. When the publish is complete, the Test page is removed from Remote Live. The site also is not listed in the drop-down dock bar.