Type: Feature Request
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Similar Issues:Show 5 results
LPS-25475 Permission under Message Boards Thread do nothing. LPS-23779 A site member cannot post a root level thread in Message Boards portlet view. LPS-18375 Root threads with guest view permissions removed is visible on the Recent Posts page LPS-43319 Request for the ability to set the default permission on new message board threads and new blog entries in creation LPS-38123 Message Boards - Add Category, Permissions, and Post New Thread button does not work in IE 6
When creating a new message board post there are only 3 options to select from for view permissions.
However, there should be custom roles to choose from as well.
1. Create custom site roles.
2. Add message board portlet to page.
3. Create new thread post.
4. You can only select, Guest, Site Member, or Owner from view permission drop down.
5. After publishing new post, click Actions > Permissions.
6. Here you can choose which custom roles also get view permissions.
7. Requesting these roles all be options in the in the initial creation of the post.