Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 6.1.20 EE GA2, 6.2.0 CE M5
Environment:LIFERAY VERSION: 6.1 GA2
OPERATING SYSTEM: Oracle Linux 6.1
APPLICATION SERVER: Tomcat 7.0
JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE: Java 6
DATABASE: Oracle 11.2
Similar Issues:Show 5 results
LPS-34463 Mailing list options should be hidden when the message board scope is set to global LPS-12489 Mailing list / Message boards problem with sender LPS-53812 Reply Message Board post in "root" category by email doesn't notify subscribers LPS-58980 Message Boards - Email reply does not post on message board LPS-6158 Mailing List Messages don't create proper notification emails
When we reply the thread by replying to the correct email address successfully, we should get an email notification which reminder the subscriber that we have a new reply. However when the scope of the message board is set to 'Global', there is not any email notification sent to the user when we reply the thread by replying the email. The issue does not occur when the scope is set to 'default' site.
1. Configure the mail in server administration and make sure we can send email successfully(We could test this by creating a new user).
2. Configure the message board and set the scope to 'Global'
3. Add a new category (such as 'AAA') in message board and check the 'Active' checkbox under 'Mailing List'.
4. Type in the correct information (For example the email that we use is 'email@example.com').-> Save.
5. Use another user(For example: emma) to login and subscribe the category in message board.
6. Post a new thread as the formal user login.
Now user 'emma' could receive a notification email.
7. Reply the thread by replying the email.-> Fill into correct receiver's email address (Mine is 'firstname.lastname@example.org').
Currently, the response could be displayed in Liferay. Now, the expected behavior is that the subscriber should get another email notification because the thread has been replied. But, currently the subscriber does not get the email notification after reply the thread by replying the email.
If the scope of the message board is set to 'default site' in step 2, the issue does not persist and the subscriber could get the email notification.