Affects Version/s: 6.1.1 CE GA2, 6.1.20 EE GA2
Environment:LIFERAY VERSION: 6.1 GA2
OPERATING SYSTEM: Oracle Linux 6.1
APPLICATION SERVER: Tomcat 7.0
JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE: Java 6
DATABASE: Oracle 11.2
Backported to Branch:Committed
Similar Issues:Show 4 results
LPS-8639 Message Boards - Mail responce posting fails to work LPS-40032 Message board subscriptions and mail integration is not working LPS-9581 Locked threads in message boards are automatically unlocked when the app. server is restarted LPS-19012 Mail Integration is not working with WebSphere
Restarting the server results in the mail listener not working. The mailing list settings need to be de-activated and then re-activated to get the mailing list to work correctly.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Unzip the Liferay tomcat bundle.
2. Start-up connecting to a clean MySQL database.
3. Login as the admin user.
4. Place a message board portlet on a page.
5. Change the configuration for the message board portlet as follows:
5.1 Allow anonymous posting or use a defined user with a known email address for testing.
5.2 Set-up from address
5.3 Enable message added email.
5.4 Enable message updated email.
5.5 Scope to GLOBAL.
6. Create a new category.
7. Enable mail listing for category, using;
7.1 IMAP account - in my case it was a QQ IMAP account, e.g email@example.com.
8. From any email client using the test user, send an email to the category mailing list address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Email will appear in the IMAP inbox and eventually get processed into the message board.
10. Shutdown the liferay instance and restart it.
11. From any email client using the test user, send another email to the category mailing list address, e.g. email@example.com.
12. This time the email will appear in the IMAP inbox, but the MailingListMessageListener does not process the inbox and import the message into the message board.
13. You can confirm this by waiting 2 to 3 times longer then the polling period you defined for the message board category mailing list. The message will not import.
14. Edit the message board category mailing list and de-activate it. Save.
15. Edit the message board category mailing list and re-activate it. Save.
16. The MailingListMessageListener will now import the message.
Able to reproduce on Git ID : 2665eac6510d5a3900b9463dea77bb2a0d182ec9
Able to reproduce on 6.1.x Rev.138621