Affects Version/s: 6.1.1 CE GA2, 6.1.20 EE GA2
Environment:LIFERAY VERSION: 6.1 GA2
OPERATING SYSTEM: Red Hat Enterprise 5
APPLICATION SERVER: Tomcat 7.0
JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE: Java 6
DATABASE: SQL Server 2008 R2
When creating a custom role with Defined Permissions specifically for the Alerts Portlet, the distribution-scope drop down menu will not work for the non-admin user who is assigned to the custom role. As a result, if an entry has been made for a site, i.e. Liferay, this user will not be able to mange it or add an entry to that site via the distribution-scope drop down menu.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Create a Role (Priority Coordinators) and add a non-administrator user.
2) In the Role 'Define Permissions' add Alerts permissions for 'Add Entry, View'
3) As an Administrator, add the Alerts portlet to a page, but do not add any alerts. You should be able to see the 'Entries and Manage Entries' buttons.
4) Now, sign in as the user added in step one. The user doesn't see the buttons to manage the entries.
5) Now, go back in as the Administrator and add an alert. Verify you can see it.
6) Now, sign in again as the user added in step one, and you should be able to see the alert. Select the Distribution Scope Drop-down menu. Notice it only shows Roles and if you click it, it does not do anything.
Expected Behavior: Having the Permissions to Add Entry and to View, should allow a non-admin user assigned to this custom role to Add and Manage entries on all the Distribution scopes. The user should also be able to see the Add Entry and Manage Entry buttons of the portlet since he has been assigned the permission to do so, not only when there is an alert made.