Affects Version/s: 6.1.20 EE GA2, 6.1.30 EE GA3
Component/s: Site Templates
Environment:LIFERAY VERSION: 6.1 GA2
OPERATING SYSTEM: N/A
APPLICATION SERVER: Tomcat 7.0
JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE: N/A
DATABASE: Oracle 11.2
When a new site is created as a Community Site (using the community template), the new site layout is only successfully applied the first time. After the initial time, the community site template will not be applied to any future sites created.
Before clicking reset button: Query table layoutset with the new site group id. Under setting column, you can see the value with "merge-fail-count=3"
After clicking reset button: Query table layoutset with the new site group id. Under setting column, you can see the value with "merge-fail-count=4"
Because liferay's default threshold for template merge is 3, it prevents future site template merge when new user is added.
Steps to Reproduce/Testing Done
1. Create a Site with the Community Site Template.
2. Navigate to the new Site that you just created.
3. Add a new page to the new Site called "Test"
4. Go to Control Panel > Portal > Site Templates > Community Site > Actions > Manage Pages
5. Add a new page to the template called "Test"
6. Navigate back to the new Site you created in Step 1.
7. Make sure you have Edit Controls enabled (checked). You should see a message at the top of the page that states that it's site template has been updated. If you don't see a message , move a portlet from one column to another and refresh the browser.
8. Click the "Reset" button within the message shown in Step 7.
9. Create a new Site with the Community Site Template. Navigate to the new Site, you will see that the template did not get applied, and that Community Site template can no longer be applied to any new Sites.