Affects Version/s: 6.1.30 EE GA3, 6.2.0 CE M6
Environment:Tomcat 7 + HSQL. Portal 6.1.x EE GIT ID: f295fc8170aedf9d20b1ea0956d058527a6a0893
Tomcat 7 + HSQL. Portal 6.2.x EE GIT ID: ???
As a user of Portal, when configuring the Navigation Portlet, I'd like a message displayed in the Preview area when no navigation will display.
It's currently confusing when a blank Preview is displayed, and no hint as of why.
=== Steps to reproduce the behavior ===
1. Start portal
2. Sign in with an Test test user
3. Place Navigation portlet on Welcome page
4. Open the Configuration panel of Navigation portlet
>>> Now, you can see a preview displayed that belongs to the default display style: "Relative with Breadcrumb"
5. Change "Display style" to "From Level 2 With Title"
>>> Preview is empty. Nothing is displayed.
6. Change back to the previous style >>> You can see the preview again.
=== Background ===
Navigation portlet uses the liferay-ui:navigation taglib for both displaying the navigation itself for the the preview generation.
"/portal-web/docroot/html/taglib/ui/navigation/page.jsp" has a logic that sometimes generates an empty navigation depending on the current layout tree level where the portlet was placed on.