Affects Version/s: 6.1.1 CE GA2, 6.1.20 EE GA2
Environment:Tomcat 7 + Oracle 11g. Portal EE 6.1.x GIT ID: 7acb0d3a62e3fde8036f188a25c29f0debed99a4.
Tomcat 7 + Oracle 11g. Portal CE 6.2.x GIT ID: cf498da98b66e71fbe8c37a664687acb54c9b22a.
- Navigate to Control Panel
- Add 3 sites, and specify the following:
- Name: "one", Site Url: one.guest.com
- Name: "two", Site Url: two.guest.com
- Name: "def", Site Url: lportal.com
- Add a public page to each of the above
- In Control Panel, select Liferay (Default guest site), specify the following site url: "guest.com"
- In your hosts file (/etc/hosts on linux, or %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc on windows), include the following:
- 127.0.0.1 guest.com
- 127.0.0.1 one.guest.com
- 127.0.0.1 two.guest.com
- 127.0.0.1 lportal.com
- - Navigate to guest.com:8080 and log in
Clicking on the Go To link in the dockbar, then clicking on the individual sites, the following happens:
RESULTSET 1 (all from guest.com):
I - one -> from guest.com you get redirected to one.guest.com (good)
II - two -> from guest.com you get redirected to two.guest.com (good)
III - def -> from guest.com you get redirected to guest.com/web/def/home (bad)
RESULTSET 2 (all from one.guest.com)
I - guest -> from one.guest.com, you get redirected to one.guest.com/web/guest/home (bad)
II - two -> from one.guest.com, you get redirected to one.guest.com/web/two/home (bad)
III - def -> from one.guest.com, you get redirected to one.guest.com/web/def/home (bad)
Expected result: You should always be redirected to the virtual host of the site
This issue arose before, and a forum thread was opened for discussing the way it should work.