PASSED Manual Testing using the following steps:
- Set the Log Levels (Control Panel > Server Administration > Log Levels)
- Update Category: com.liferay.portal.lar --> DEBUG
- Add Category: com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.LayoutRevisionPersistenceImpl --> DEBUG
- Create a Site with 1000 pages (using a script in a browser console, or in firebug -
AUI().Get.script('http://git.io/sGKk5w'); works, just follow the prompts--thanks to Marc Lundgren for that tool)
- Wait a minute or two for the command to finish
- Navigate to Site Settings for the created Site > Staging
- Enable Local Live Staging
- Flag Public Page versioning
- Click Save
- Observe the output in console
Tomcat 7 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.2.x GIT ID: 08b3a3090df012a50efc994c564239cc4a59c454.
Tomcat 7 + MySQL 5. Portal EE 6.1.x GIT ID: a75a13983d07d99d066f6cf20ef853bd1766af95.
Tomcat 7 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.2.x GIT ID: 1725e10b8a2f6d0bc75f01158456ffb9e10b47da.
With the GIT ID the issue was reproduced on, the conversion to versioned Staging takes more than 120 seconds with 1000 pages. On the fixed versions for 6.1.x and 6.2.x, it takes 12 seconds and 24 seconds, respectively. This difference is more noticeable with increased numbers of pages.