Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.1.30 EE GA3
Environment:Tomcat 7 + MySQL 5. Portal 6.1.x GIT ID: 487767f5fdd6e62db33580ca8cb233dd427fa2af.
- Create a Blank Site.
- Go to Site Pages and Add a Page (Page1) to the Blank Site.
- Go to Site Settings and under Advanced, select Staging.
- Flag "Local Live" and "Enabled On Public Pages".
- Navigate to the Blank Site.
- Enter Staging Mode.
- In the Staging dropdown menu, select "Manage Site Pages Variations".
- Add a Site Page Variation (VariationA) and copy pages from the Main Variation.
- Navigate to the newly-created variation.
- Add a page (PageA) then go to PageA.
- Mark that page as "Ready for Publication".
- Switch over to the Main Variation.
- Enable PageA on the Main Variation.
- At this moment, there is an error where the page will not actaully enable. (LPS-36567) A workaround for this is to undo and then redo the action in the bar at the top of the page.
- Delete the enabled page by navigating to Page1 and then hovering over the PageA tab and clicking the x.
- Click on (VariationA).
- Going to the Staging Site will throw a console error and the UI is unavailable.
VariationA page will show.
VariationA page does not show and instead, the page shows:
Now staging will not work for that site permanently and will instead show the above message each time staging is selected.