Type: Feature Request
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Site Templates
1. Create a page template say "Home page". Save it.
2. Click on Action button then select "Edit".
3. Click on "Open Page Template (Opens New Window)". This will open page in a new window.
4. Add a "Web Content Display" portlet on this page.
5. Close this window.
6. Now in a site create a page with this page template.
7. In this site on the page you have just created you will see web content display portlet. Add any previously created web content on this portlet.
8. Now go back to page template "Home page", edit it and then click on "Open Page Template (Opens New Window)". This will open page in a new window. Add another portlet say "Announcements portlet" (however u can add any other portlet you want). Do not touch previously add "Web Content Display" portlet.
9. Go to site in which you had created a new page with this template. And you will see that the "Web Content Display" portlet is blank, i.e. the web content you added to this portlet is gone (this portlet is reset to initial state), this should not happen.
The web content should not be reset, and should not have to be manually reconfigured for all pages using this page template.