Affects Version/s: 6.1.20 EE GA2
Environment:LIFERAY VERSION: 6.1.20
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP
APPLICATION SERVER: Tomcat 7
JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE: Java 6
DATABASE: MySQL 5.5
When creating a new account with a modified password policy, the user is pulled into a loop when attempting to verify his email address.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
0) make sure login.create.account.allow.custom.password=true is set in portal-ext
1) Start up a clean bundle of Liferay
2) As the administrator, set up a mail server
3) Go to Control Panel -> Portal Settings -> Authentication.
4) Make sure "Require stranger to verify email address" is checked
5) Go to Control Panel -> Password policies -> Edit the default password policy.
6) Uncheck "Changeble" and "Change required." Save
7) Shut down the portal and comment out login.create.account.allow.custom.password=true in portal-ext. Restart the portal
8) In the sign in portlet, click create new account.
9) After create, it will give you a screen that says an email has been sent
10) Open a new tab, navigate to you mail inbox and copy the password in the welcome email. Input your password into the login screen back in Liferay
12) Navigate to your inbox.
13) Click the link to verify the email address. the code is already populated
14) Click verify
15) answer the security question
Result: Instead of logging in the new user, the screen returns to the verify email address screen. However, upon signing out and re-inputting the password, log in is successful.