Affects Version/s: 6.1.20 EE GA2, 6.1.30 EE GA3, 6.1.X EE, 6.2.0 CE B1
Fix Version/s: 6.2.0 CE RC4
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.40 + MySQL 5.5
6.1.x EE Git ID: 7720a641d49590ba033b01bf8aed6e4e76f7e900
6.2.x Git ID: fa4ef4479f2814b1d2f061342b5e788a1a7c3442
In 6.2.x, if a user is assigned a regular role with 'Access in Site Administration', the user can view the content from the following portlet in Sites Administration: Blogs, Message Boards, Wiki, Dynamic Data Lists, Bookmarks, Polls, Tags, Categories, and Recycle Bin.
For Web Content and Documents and Media, a user must be given the "View" permissions for that particular content (ie Web Content View) in order to view content. The behavior should be the same for all portlets under Site Administration > Content.
- Create regular role 'testRole'
- Define the following permissions to te 'testRole'
- Blogs portlet View (Site Applications -> Blogs)
- Blogs Access in Control Panel and View (under 6.2.x)
- Blogs Access in Site Administration (6.2.x)
- Site Go to Site Administration (6.2.x)
- Create user 'test2'
- Revoke the 'Power User' role from the 'test2' user and grant the 'testRole'
- Add a Blogs portlet to a page and add a Blogs Entry
- Revoke from the Blogs Entry the Guest View permission
- Sign In with 'test2' user
- You can't see the created Blogs Entry from the Blogs portlet
- You can see the created Blogs Entry from the Control Panel
You can't see the Blogs Entry in all cases.