Steps to reproduce:
- Add a new site with a page and a Web Content Display portlet
- Go to Site Settings > Staging
- Enable Staging Local Live, Flag Page Versioning: Enabled On Public Pages and click Save
- Go to Site Pages. There are no pages in the site
- Go to the site. The live view shows the page and the Web Content Display portlet, but the staging view is not accessible (see screenshot)
User will have access to the staging view of the site.
Portal directs to a UI error page, saying the resource could not be found.
Originally this issue was reproduced when enabling local live and public pages versioning in the default site (Liferay), which has the same conditions as the site described in the steps.