The investigation revealed that this is a configuration problem. By setting the proper configuration the issue itself was solved, although a small problem with the error messages has been discovered.
- Configure tunneling authentication in portlet properties
- Navigate to http://localhost:8080 on the local machine.
- Click Go to > Control Panel >Create a Sites and manage a page to the site.
- Navigate to http://localhost:8080 on the remote machine.
- Create a site and copy the Site ID from the Remote Site details page.
- Back to local machine and enable remote staging.
- Add a portlet to the site page.
- Click Publish to Remote Live Now.
You can publish remote to live successfully.
You will get "The publication process did not start due to validation errors" message.