I'm trying to use Subscription feature in Documents and Media portlet and when I subscribe to folder or entire HOME directory in DM portlet I do not receive any email notification to my email inbox. When I subscribe, message "Operation completes successfully" correctly shows in the UI and "Subscribe" changes to "Unsubscribe". After uploading some files I was expecting email notifications, but they have not arrived.
Tested with Add Basic document, Add Folder, Edit file, Delete file with no email message at all.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Setup clean Liferay Portal with default settings (email@example.com user created)
2) Optional: Change mail settings in Control Panel / Server administration
3) Change firstname.lastname@example.org user profile and modify email to your existing email address
4) Verify that email function is working and you receive email notification to your Inbox (e.g. I receive email when I subscribe to some uploaded file in Documents and Media and post some comments)
5) Enable subscriptions using "Subscribe" button in the Documents and Media portlet
6) add basic document, add folder, edit file, delete file and check your email inbox.
Expected Result: email notification has been received in user's mail box with information what action has been done in Documents and Media
Actual result: email notification has not arrived.
I made a screencast with these steps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1P6mrrnXPo&hd=1
- screencast was made on clean Liferay Portal with default settings