Affects Version/s: 6.2.0 CE B3
Fix Version/s: 6.2.0 CE RC1
The Liferay Portal 6.2 API introduced the new com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.taglib.util.OutputData class, which is used by tags like <liferay-util:html-top> to store String information that will be inserted into the <head>...</head> section of the portal page.
However, the OutputData class does not provide methods for manipulating the Strings that it manages. This prevents portlets from being able to remove duplicate resources in the WebKeys.PAGE_TOP key. This is a feature required by Liferay Faces Bridge, which was introduced with
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start Liferay Portal 6.2 on Tomcat
2. Download a version of the jsf2-portlet that is compatible with Liferay Portal 6.2 (i.e.: version 3.2.4-ga5)
3. Copy jsf2-portlet.war to the $LIFERAY_HOME/deploy folder
4. Create a new portal page named "JSF2"
5. Add two instances of the "JSF2 Portlet" to the "JSF2" page
6. Reload the page
7. Examine the HTML returned by Tomcat using "View->Page Source" in the browser
8. Search the HTML for "jsf.js" (without the double quotes)
If the bug is fixed, then only one occurrence of "jsf.js" will appear. If the bug still exists, then two occurrences of "jsf.js" will appear.