This issue starts with this ticket:
LPS-39992, but it also creates this bigger problem. Once a site is created with pages then public page versioning is enabled, another user with the Site Admin role cannot view any of the pages.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add a page before enabling staging
- Enable local live staging with public page versioning enabled
- Go to the home page
- Assert in Live both the Welcome page and the added page appear (this is correct)
- Go to staging and assert that both pages are missing
- Click the Staging drop down and see that the user can enable the pages on staging (but they should already exist)
- Go to Control Panel > Site Pages
- See that the pages are both gray and not enabled
- Enable all the pages in the control panel and assert they are now visible in portal
- Create a new user with the Site Admin role
- Assign that user to the site
- Sign out and sign in as the user
- Go to the site and assert in Staging the user cannot see all the pages
- Go to the control panel and assert the pages are not gray [disabled] but are visible
A site admin role user should be able to see all the pages in staging especially once they are enabled.
Even after being enabled, the site admin role user cannot see all the pages in staging.