Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 6.1.20 EE GA2, 6.1.X EE, 6.2.0 CE RC4
Component/s: Control Panel Framework
Environment:LIFERAY VERSION: 6.1 GA2
OPERATING SYSTEM: Solaris 10
APPLICATION SERVER: Weblogic 11
JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE: Java 6
DATABASE: Oracle 11.2
There is naming and functional inconsistency with 'Add User' in Organizations and Sites. Please reference the screenshots.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create an organization "Liferay Organization".
2. Navigate to the list of organizations and click the Action button for the organization “Liferay Organization." You will see two options “Assign Users” and “Add User."
3. Then click on "Add User" and you will see a new user form which will create a new user which will, after creation, be automatically added to the organization.
4. Selecting "Assign Users" will select users that have already been created, and assigning them to the organization.
1. Create a site "Liferay Site."
2. Navigate to Site Memberships in the control panel. Then click on "Add Members" the select "User" it will give you the option to assign already created users to the sight as opposed to creating a new user form.
It appears that there is an inconsistency as the 'Add User' in Organizations directs to a create user form, but the 'Add User' in Sites actually assigns users. For this to be consistent, either the 'Add User' should be changed to 'Assign User' in Sites, or the feature of 'Add User' changed so that it creates a new user. What appears to be most consistent would be to have two options, 'Add User' and also 'Assign User' both of which have behavior that mirrors the behavior in Organizations.
I have created a patch request as I think this is a bug, not a feature request.