Affects Version/s: 6.1.X EE, 6.2.0 CE RC5
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.40 + MySQL 5. Portal master GIT ID: 4eb2907f0c229dfbd4c09d911415e1eb0ae3d09c.
Tomcat 7.0.40 + MySQL 5. Portal ee-6.1.x EE GIT ID: 1dd6de53ce6893b05401c19d68f383973e5a6ec4.
I was able to reproduce this in both master and ee-6.1.x.
Searching by categories in the search / web content search portlet when the category has an upper case letter doesn't work if the search term is only one word. This becomes a problem because there is no workaround if a category is only one word (other than only using lower case letters). Reindexing does not change the results.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add a category with an upper case letter (e.g. "Very Large Cat").
- Add a web content and add that category to the web content
- Add a search portlet and web content search portlet. Searching in both these portlets yields the same results.
- These search terms will cause the web content to display in the search results
- "Very Large"
- "Very Cat"
- "Very Large Cat"
- "Large Cat"
- These search terms will yield no results
Searching by one word should yield results.
Searching by one word doesn't yield any results.