Affects Version/s: 6.1.20 EE GA2, 6.2.0 CE RC6
Fix Version/s: 6.2.0 CE RC6
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.42 + MySQL 5. Portal master GIT ID: 7db4bc7234c9aad4cca063a71d5728d261fead10.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a regular role
- Define the following permissions for the role
- Control Panel > General Permissions > Add User Group
- All permissions in Control Panel > Users > User Groups
- Create a user with the created role, and remove the Power User role
- Login as the user, and navigate to Control Panel
- Add a User Group
There are multiple expected behaviors of this which will be listed.
- The user should be able to add a User Group without these permissions, and the site that is created with the User Group should be optional
- The Add Site permission should automatically be added to the Add User Group permission as the Add Site permission is necessary to add a User Group.
- There should be a warning message of some sort that tells the user that the Add Site permission is necessary to add a User Group without error.
A user group will be added successfully, but there will be an error message of "You do not have the required permissions." It appears that this is because the user is missing the Add Site permission, as creating a user group also creates a site for the user group.