Affects Version/s: 6.2.0 CE GA1
Environment:Ubuntu linux 12.04
The developer mode does not work.
Steps to reproduce :
- Follow the steps documented here to activate developer mode : https://www.liferay.com/fr/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/development/-/ai/using-developer-mode-with-themes-liferay-portal-6-2-dev-guide-09-en
- Create and install a theme
- Change a theme file (velocity template or css file) directly from tomcat's webapps folder.
- Refresh your browser
Expected result :
- Any change made in tomcat's folder should be immediately visible when refreshing the browser.
- The change made are not visible, probably due to a cache that is not deactivated.
- Sometime, the first change after a fresh deployment is seen, all the others are ignored.
- The same problem arise when we copy the content of portal-developer.properties instead of adding it to CATALINA_OPTS
- This issue slows our integration team by obliging them to package and redeploy their theme at each change.