Affects Version/s: 6.1.30 EE GA3, 6.1.X EE, 6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.2.X EE
This permission shouldn't be needed.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a Site Role say “Polls Test Role”.
2. Define permissions as shown in the screen shot attached First_Screenshot.JPG.
3. Create a site say “Polls Test Site”.
4. Add a page to the site and put Polls Display portlet on that page.
5. Give the following permissions on the Portlet itself:
Polls Test Role--View and Configuration
6. Add a test user to this site, and assign “Polls Test Role” to this user.
7. Login with the user and go to “Polls Test Site”.
8. Notice that when you select "Add Question" the popup box says that you do not have the required permissions to access this application.
9. As the Administrator, add the permissions to the Polls Site Role found in Second_Screenshot.JPG
10. As the Polls Test Role user, log back in and seek to Add a Question. The result is you can add a question.