Affects Version/s: 6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 M3
Fix Version/s: 7.0.0 M1
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.42 + MySQL 5.5 Portal 18.104.22.168 EE.
Tomcat 7.0.42 + MySQL 5.5 Portal 6.2.x EE GIT ID: dbed895d70ec1eed66e3e85da16eb05aedb7bfe3.
Tomcat 7.0.42 + MySQL 5.5 Portal Master GIT ID: 084c7c83c7793d180dde4d9db3bfdf6392da3fcb.
Steps to reproduce:
- Navigate to Admin > Content > Web Content > Manage > Structures > Add
- Add a Structure 'st1' with an Integer and Number field
- Add a Template based on the Structure
- Create a WC article based on st1, with each field filled out (e.g. '123' and '234')
- Add AP portlet to a page, click to select its Configuration
- Configure AP Asset Type as 'Web Content Article'
- Select the 'Web Content Article Subtype' to be 'st1'
- Flag 'Filter by Field', click the Select button that displays by the checkbox
- Select the Integer radio option > Apply
- AP Configuration will show that "Integer: null" is the filtered field type.
- Click to Save the AP Configuration
The Filter by Field selection will still display "Integer: null"
The selection no longer appears. But it will continue displaying if user selects a value to display by when clicking the radio field next to the desired field - it will also continue displaying null values afterwards, but it first needs to have a value selected, otherwise clicking Save in the configuration will clear the Filter by Field type (even though, when clicking Select again, the filtered field is still selected).
Note: In Master, selecting a field with a null value returns an error in the iframe.