Type: Regression Bug
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 M3
Environment:Tomcat 7.0.42 + MySQL 5.5.33. Portal master GIT ID: 825c90fe3ea9e2fb3b6b429a4628816a1bd07523.
Tomcat 7.0.42 + MySQL 5.5.33. Portal ee-6.2.x EE GIT ID: 8020e08719ca11b0f672cb2153229551c7a5b540.
Tomcat 7.0.42 + MySQL 5.5.33. Portal 6.2.10 EE GA1
Steps to Reproduce:
- Start an instance of Liferay and sign in as admin
- Add a Web Content Display portlet to the Welcome page
- Activate Local Live staging for Liferay
- Navigate to staged Welcome page
- Click Staging > Publish to Live
- Click Choose Content radio button
- Click Change next to Date Range > Date Range
- Make sure Start Date and End Date are both the current date
- Select a Start Date time before the End Date time (issue is only reproducible if user manually edits the start date time)
- Click Ok
A Start Date time before an End Date time is a valid case and should be an allowed action if a user manually sets these times.
If a user has edited the start time, but it is still a valid date, the user cannot click Ok and portal displays the error message: "End date must be greater than start date." See attached image.