Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE
Steps to reproduce:
set up two liferay instances, staging and live
1) create new site "test" and add a "page"
2) on Global site, create new web content article "global article"
3) add a Web Content display portlet to "page" on "test"
4) set the scope of the Web Content Display portlet to Global and select "global article"
5) publish Global to remote first
6) now publish "test" to remote (depends on
7) navigate to live "test" site and verify that the WCD portlet is not visible
Expected behavior: WCD portlet will display the global article
Actual behavior: WCD portlet is hidden and does not display anything
the portlet is hidden because we hide WCD portlets that don't have any content by setting renderRequest.setAttribute(WebKeys.PORTLET_CONFIGURATOR_VISIBILITY, Boolean.TRUE);
This attribute hides the portlet, because there is not article in the request. The article is null because the portal attempts to find the Global reference with the articleId from the staging site and not the updated articleId from the live site.