Affects Version/s: 6.1.30 EE GA3, 6.2.10 EE GA1
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to Control Panel -> Global -> Categories
2. Add a new vocabulary Test and within this vocabulary three new Categories (CategoryName [OtherLanguage:Translation]):
Germany Abc [German:Deutschland Abc]
Germany Bcd [German:Deutschland Bcd]
3. Add a new Web Content Display on start page (Site:Liferay)
4. Switch the display Language of the current user to German
5. Add new Web Content
6. Switch to Tab Categorization
7. The formerly created vocabulary Test is displayed -> click on Select
8. Three categories are displayed according to their translation (Deutschland, Deutschland Abc, Deutschland Bcd) -> click in search field
9. Type "land" (as in DeutschLAND) into the search field -> no results are displayed
10. If the search string is changed to ermany (without leading [G|g]) then the three categories without their translation are displayed as follows:
Ignoring the user's display language.
The issue is also present for Asset Category Admin's search box, where searching for Vocabularys are also not localized.