Affects Version/s: 6.1.30 EE GA3, 6.1.X EE, 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 M3
Issue: The Edit button the asset publisher that have a URL path above 2048 do not work in IE8.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a new Site named 'testSite'
- Navigate to testSite>Site Settings>Site URL
- Enter the Friendly URL /very-very-long-friendly-website-url and hit 'Save'
- Navigate to testSite>Site Pages
- Add a new page named 'testPage'
- For the Friendly URL of testPage, enter /welcome-to-subscription-page and hit 'Save'
- Navigate to testPage and select Add>Applications>Asset Publisher
- Select the Configuration Wrench on the Asset Publisher>Configuration
- Under Asset Type select 'Web Content' and select 'Save'
- In the Asset Publisher select Add>Web Content
- In the dialog box that opens to create the Web Content, title the document "Web Content with a very very very very very very very very long title" and select "Publish"
- Create another piece of Web Content in the Asset Publisher and name it "Short Title". Publish it.
- In IE8 select 'Edit' next to the Web Content "Short Title" and the dialog box opens to edit the Web Content
- In IE8 select 'Edit' next to the Web Content "Content for demonstration and testing purposes of Liferay features"