Affects Version/s: 6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.2.X EE
When staging a site that references Global content, if the content does not exist in the remote site the error message in the staging menu tells the user to try publishing again. Instead they should publish Global first and then try to publish the site again.
Steps to reproduce
1. Create a new site "test" on both stage and live servers
2. enable remote staging for "test"
3. enable remote staging for Global
4. add Web Content Display portlet to a page of site "test" (stage server)
5. configure the portlet's scope to Global
6. add new web content (this will add the web content into the Global site
7. publish "test" to remote and observe the error message
Publication did not start due to validation errors
there are missing references that could not be found in the live environment. Please publish again to live ensuring that the following elements are published
When the details are displayed the validation error should tell you where the reference is and possibly suggest that you should stage global first. This is really what is really meant by "ensureing that the following elements are published"