Reproduction steps for master/6.2.x
- Login with Test Test
- Create a new User "OrgAdmin" (It's important to test it with a user who is not a company admin, othwerwise DB searches will be performed instead of index-search.)
- Create a new Organization "Engineering"
- Create another Organization "Support"
- Assign user "OrgAdmin" to both organizations
- Grant "Organization Administrator" role to "OrgAdmin" on both organizations
- Add more permissions to "Power User" in order to let "OrgAdmin" to go to Control Panel/Users & Orgs:
Get the userId of "OrgAdmin" from the details page of Edit User and the organizationId of both organizations from your DB
- Go to Control Panel/Server Administration Script tab
- Execute the following code as a Groovy script (don't forget to replace "$userId" & "$parentOrganizationId", and change the name to something else before the 2nd run!): first create 1025, secondly 2001 sub-organizations:
- Go to Control Panel/Server Administration Resources tab
- Reindex all search indexes
- Log in with "OrgAdmin" or impersonate him
- Go to Admin/Control Panel
- Note the followings:
- The "Browse" tab says: "Showing 1 - 20 of 3,030 results."" --> Total number seems valid so far.
- Search for any organization name that appears on the page --> Resul
- Search for organization "Support" on the "Browse" tab --> No result.
- The "All Organizations" tab says "Showing 1 - 20 of 1,024 results." --> Seems incorrect.
- Search for organization "All Organizations" on the "All Organizations" tab --> No result.
Company admin (Test Test) is able to search for any organization.
(For you convenience, see the screencast attached.)