Affects Version/s: 6.2.0 CE GA1, 6.2.10 EE GA1, 7.0.0 M3
Component/s: Sites Administration
There's two ways of adding site roles to the site members. One way is fixed, but the other still has the bug where site roles aren't being listed:
This way does not work (notice step 6):
1. Add a site (Control Panel>Sites)
2. Add a Regular organization (Control Panel>Users and Organizations)
3. Make organization a member of the site from Step 1 (Control Panel>Site Memberships>Add Members>Organization)
4. Add a user (Control Panel> Users and Organizations)
5. Make user a member of the organization from step 2. (Control Panel>Users and Organizations>Actions>Assign Users)
6. At this point, you should see the user listed in site memberships for the site. Give site role to the user (Control Panel>Site Memberships>Add Site Roles to)
7. Go to Control Panel>Users and Organizations. Find user created in step 4.
8. Go to User>Actions>Edit>Roles. See that the role is not listed under Site Roles.
Change the way you do step 6, which successfully results in the role being listed in User>Actions>Edit>Roles>Site Roles:
Give a site role to the user (Control Panel>Site Memberships>Actions>Assign Site Role)
The solution to this issue is similar to