Affects Version/s: 6.1.20 EE GA2, 6.2.10 EE GA1
Component/s: ~ [Archived] Sites Management
Steps to reproduce:
- Login with OmniAdmin ([email protected])
- Create a blank Site Role named e.g. "Site Administrator SG"
- Create a User Group named e.g. "TestUserGroup"
- Assign the "TestUserGroup" to the default "Liferay Site" (Go to the Site -> Site Memberships -> User Groups -> Assign User Groups -> Check the "TestUserGroup" -> Save
- Create a regular "Role" named "SiteMembershipManager" with using the attached permissions: Permissions.PNG
- Create a new user e.g. "Manager"
- Assign the user to the default "Liferay" site
- Assign the "SiteMembershipManager" role to the user
- Login with "Manager" user
- Go to Control Panel -> Site Membership
- Click on the Add Site Roles to "Users" -> Select a Site Role "Site Administrator SG" -> Available tab -> Select a User and click on Update Associations ### Note: It works fine, the role has been added to the User
- Click on the Add Site Roles to "User Groups" -> Select a Site Role "Site Administrator SG" -> Available tab -> Select "TestUserGroup" and click on Update Associations
Result: Error message displayed: "You do not have the required permissions."
Expected: The selected Site Role should be added to the "TestUserGroup"