widgets cannot be utilized when a non-default language is selected.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start up liferay 6.1.x
2. Login to the Portal.
3. Place the Language Portlet and the Message Boards portlet on the Front Page.
4. Create a category within Message Boards portlet.
5. Logout of the Portal.
6. Click into the category created in Step 4.
The URL should be something like "http://localhost:8081/web/guest/home/-/message_boards/category/12809"
Prepend "widget/" to that URL.
Result: Notice how the display logic of the portal changes to only show Message Boards.
7. go back to the guest page and change the language to spanish
8. Click into the Message Board Category. The URL should look like "http://localhost:8081/es/web/guest/home/-/message_boards/category/12809"
9. Now change the "/es" to "/widget" in the URL
Expected Result: The Message Boards Category is displayed in Widget Mode as it did in Step 6
Actual Result: The "/widget" reverts back to "/es" in the URL and the Message Boards Category is not displayed in widget mode.
6.1.x commit dc05c3ae0823f49216a8a6d2ed3849682a8d3014
This is not an issue in trunk because of
LPS-37809 and LPS-40585. In LPS-37809 we add a new algorithm for handling localiations and in LPS-40585 we store the language information in the session and not in the URL as well as not sending a redirect with the language for guest users.