Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.2.10 EE GA1
LPS-43794 introduces method convertColumnToClob() which uses count to determine whether certain columns have CLOB data type. The problem with this code is that the query returns zero if a proxy schema is used to connect to Liferay's repository.
Steps to reproduce
1) Create two empty schema in an Oracle database (LPORTAL_REPOS and LPORTAL_PROXY)
2) Startup a Liferay 6.2 EE instance, connect it to LPORTAL_REPOS and have tables created
3) User LPORTAL_PROXY will have synonyms for the tables of
LPORTAL_REPOS and the necessary privileges (SELECT/INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE) will be
To make this happen execute the following SQL script.
4) Stop Liferay and set up the following property
5) Upon restart when VerifyProcessSuite run, observe the following error
This happens, because in class VerifyOracle columns from VARCHAR to CLOB are updated and the following SQL may return zero not because there aren't any CLOB columns, but because for user LPORTAL_PROXY view user_tab_columns doesn't contain any data about the objects of LPORTAL_REPOS.