Resolution: No Longer Reproducible
Affects Version/s: 6.1.30 EE GA3
When you set up S3_PING for cache replication for unicast cluster the Liferay communicates through a special file(s) in the Amazon S3 storage.
When this happens it seems that the bucket becomes unavailable and no other documents and media files are available.
The bucket (a top level folder in the Amazon S3) has a null value
1. Set up Amazon S3 for document library
2. Start up portal and create a page with a web content, which embeds an image which you previously uploaded
3. Go to the page verify the content is correctly shown
4. Enable clustering (you don't have to set up 2 nodes, just one is enough)
5. Set up S3_PING for the unicast cluster replication for TRANSPORT.0 and CONTROL channels.
6. Restart portal, go to the page.
7. The image is not appearing and there is a NPE in the logs.
The image shows up. Cache replication works okay.