Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE
Component/s: Frontend Infrastructure
Backported to Branch:Committed
Application Servers:Apache Tomcat 7.0
Git Pull Request:
The client has requested analysis of an issue where the Modal popups at the bottom of the page are being displayed at the top of the current page, and scrolling users to the top of the page, instead of where the modal was invoked. They have mentioned that this never occurred in AUI 1.5 but seems to be happening in AUI 2.0 as seen in Liferay 6.2.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start off on clean bundle
2. Create a new web content structure with the following src:
3. Link this structure to a new template:
4. After you are done with this, add a Web Content Display portlet to a page
5. Create a new web content article with this structure/template combo
6. Select this new content as the article you would like to display in Web Content Display
7. After this article is selected, scroll down and click the "Show Modal" button within the Web Content Display portlet
Result: Modal (popup) box scrolls all the way to the top, instead of opening at the current location of where the modal button was clicked. The subscriber reports that this is in contrast to AUI 1.5's behavior.
Modal displays where the button was clicked.
Modal displays at the top of the page, and the position is lost.
Reproduced. Extra white space up top where modal is displayed, too.