6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.2.X EE
If a user subscribes to the top level 'root' category in the Message Boards portlet, they will not receive notifications in the Notifications Portlet.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add a page with the Message Boards portlet and deploy the Notifications Portlet
- Give regular users permissions to subscribe to Message Boards
- Login as the user and subscribe the root category
- Login as an admin and add a thread to the root category
- Login as the user and assert that no notification appears in the Notifications portlet
A notification should appear whenever a thread is posted in the root category if the user is subscribed
No notifications appear when subscribed to the root category. Notifications only appear if you subscribe to a user created thread or category, but not for the default root category.