Affects Version/s: 6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 M3
Fix Version/s: 7.0.0 M4
Documents can be created in external CMIS repositories from Asset Publisher, which are not stored as Repository Entries but DL File Entries in the database.
Steps to reproduce:
Given that Alfresco 4.2 is running on another server and does not use a SSO authentication system:
1) Add the following properties to the portal-ext.properties:
2) Start a 6.2 portal and login with the OmniAdmin user
3) Create a user which has the same username and password of your Alfresco repository, give role of Administrator, login with such user
4) Go to Admin > Content > Documents & Media
5) Add > Repository > Name: Alfresco - Repository type: CMIS Respository (AtomPub) - AtomPub URL: http://<host>:<port>/alfresco/cmisatom - Respository ID: leave blank - Save. Note: the same issue occurs with CMIS Repository (Web Services) as well.
6) Drag an Asset Publisher portlet to the start page
7) Click on Add New, select Basic Document
8) On the New Basic Document form, click on Select on the Folder selection field
Result: The CMIS repository named Alfresco can be selected. If you upload a document there, it won't land in the that folder, because it will be created as a DL File Entry which entries are only allowed to reside the internal LiferayRepository of the portal, and not in an external CMIS repository.