== 6.2.10/6.2.x (original description)
I created a Dynamic Data List and then added a form to be able to receive input from users. However, whenever a user that has spanish as their primary language clics on the send button the list doesn't get updated and an error is shown: "Su petición no se ha podido realizar correctamente. Por favor, rellene todos los campos obligatorios." Which translates something like: "Your request could not been performed correctly. Please fill in all the required fields".
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a Dynamic Data List
2. Add it to a form (on spanish)
3. Put some of the field as required
4. Try to fill the form and submit it
5. If the language is changed to english the form works.
Steps used to Reproduce by QA:
- Log in to Test Test user
- Deploy Dynamic Data List Form
- Add Dynamic Data List Form portlet to the Welcome page
- Add List
- Create Data Definition with Required Text field and non-Required Selector field
- Save List
- Go to My Account > Display Settings
- Change Language to "català (Espanya)"
- Go to the Welcome page
- Submit new list record
- Input text into required Text field
- Save (Envia)
6. Try to submit another pair of values. It fails with error: "Please fill out all required fields"
Expected: it should submit without any problems
0- Build & deploy DDL Form portlet
1- Go to Admin/Content/Dynamic Data Lists/Manage Data Definitions/Add
- Add a text field and make it required, then add an Integer field.
2- Add a new DDL using the definition you have just created
3- Place DDL Display and DDL Form portlets on the Welcome page
4- Configure both portlets to use the DDL we have just created
When you click on the "Add..." button in the DDL Display porlet's navbar, the opening edit form will contain a Translation Manager, so you can select the language in which you would like to submit your form. Added in
Now, use the DDL Form portlet: there is no Translation Manager
6- Place the Language portlet on the Welcome page
7- Switch to "French" locale
When you click on the "Add..." button in the DDL Display porlet's navbar, the Translation Manager is still present, so you can submit the form in a different locale, despite your current display locale is fr_FR
There is no Translation Manager displayed in the DDM Form portlet.
- Here, an end-user may assume that the form will be submitted in French locale as this is his current display locale.
- Fill out the form
- Open Firebug and select the Net panel
- Save the form and check payload of corresponding POST request on the Net panel: