Affects Version/s: 6.1.X EE
Fix Version/s: 6.1.X EE
1. Install Liferay 6.1 EE GA3
2. Start the server and log on
3. Add a Message Boards Portlet to the default page
4. Click the wrench icon to open the configuration panel, and go to the Message Added Email tab
5. Fill out the Subject Header as follows:
And in the body, use this:
"The subject of the message board thread is: [$MESSAGE_SUBJECT$]"
6. Save the configuration and post a new thread using these text:
in the message board subject field, enter: "boardsubject"
in the message board body, enter: "boardbody"
In the email body, the variable should show the message board's subject
(in this example: "The subject of the message board thread is: boardsubject")
In the email body, the message board's subject is added to the email subject
(in this example: "The subject of the message board thread is: emailsubject boardsubject"
Reproduced with user's patches
Reproduced with latest patches for 6.1.30 (liferay-portal-fix-packs-6.1.30-ee-20141204.zip)
Reproduced on 6.1.x (ed03e59afbed5135b016188ade5e1cdc4c278210)
Not reproduced on 6.2.x (ed03e59afbed5135b016188ade5e1cdc4c278210), there's no "Subject prefix" input in 6.2.x.
Could not test on master since the "Message Added email" tab is missing from the portlet's configuration panel