Affects Version/s: 6.2.10 EE GA1, 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 M4
Component/s: Documents & Media
High CPU overhead when adding large zip files.
1. Configure Liferay with a larger file size limit. In my case I tested with a 3GB dl.file limit and an upload limit of 50GB:
2. Use http://ftp.liferay.com/theDeployer.zip or prepare a 2GB zip file with a bunch of smaller files included in it.
3. Open the tomcat temp (by default TOMCAT_HOME/temp) directory so you can easily observe the files that are added/updated in it.
4. Go to Documents and Media -> Add -> Basic Document
5. Add the zip file
6. First you'll see an upload_NUMBER.zip file show up in the temp directory.
7. Once it is completely uploaded you will see it disappear after it's added as a draft to Documents and Media
No additional files show up under temp, only the first one during upload.
Multiple files show up, first an apache-tika-XYZ.zip which will be a complete copy of the full zip, then the contents of that zip individually as apache-tika-ABC.EXT as they are processed.